Jim “Herb” Spanfeller’s reign of terror has claimed: Splinter News, the staff of Deadspin (a good site, RIP), and the commentariat of Gizmodo and Deadspin. In a scant 24 hours, Herb has managed to destroy a profitable company and earn the perpetual scorn of the cognoscenti.
We at Squinter Media would like to turn our monocle on Herb Spanfeller and fondly remember some of his greatest exploits:
- that time he moved the GMG team into a rat and roach-infested building
- that time he felt so insulted, he disabled comments on Forbes
- that time he felt so insulted, he disabled comments on Gizmodo
- that time he felt so insulted, he disabled comments on Deadspin
- that time he felt so insulted, he destroyed the entire company
Splinter is dead.
Long live Splinter.
That which is dead can never die.